Google
 
Web andalucianvillage.blogspot.com

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

The first rain

The rain has arrived in Andalucia now. It's the first proper rain after
summer this year. We have had a few meagre attempts previously, but they did
little more than wet the ground and get all the cars dirty as they collected
the dust and sand in the air and splattered it on the cars and streets.

But this time its real rain. Thundering rain, massive drops, lightning and
dogs refusing to go for walkies. The narrow steep village streets get
transformed into busy rivers, and new and fresh smells fill the air.

I am walking around in my imported wellies, as the only ones I could find in
the shops were the kind of knee length green fisherman style wellies. I
might be living in the country, but there is no need to walk around in
oversize ugly wellies.

So hurray for the rain, watering the countryside, filling up our empty dams
and reservoirs and giving me something different to wear for once!

1 Comments:

Blogger The villager said...

Thanks Andrew!

There does seem to be quite a few bloggers here in Southern Spain. I keep finding more every day.

11:31 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home