Google
 
Web andalucianvillage.blogspot.com

Friday, March 31, 2006

Spanish lemons you dont see in the shops.

Ahh! Alien lemons!

I have now found some lemons on a tree here in the village that at best could be described as odd looking and at worst disgusting, perverse and slightly unnerving.

All of them were found on 2 trees next to each other, which makes me wonder what kind of chemicals have been dropped there once upon a time.

Or maybe there are many lemons like this, and I have just never seen them in my protected supermarket life.

If you have any pics of other weird veggies or fruit that you ahve seen here in Spain, please feel free to send it to me and I will post it in my blog.


2 Comments:

Blogger Irene Tremblay said...

There's actually a contest called "El feo de Tudela" awarding the ugliest tomato.Read about it here (in Spanish). Those lemons look weird, but perhaps we're just not used to ugly fruit. Maybe the lemons in store-bought lemonade looked like that originally.

1:34 pm  
Blogger bathmate said...

This is wonderful posting. Thank you.


Bathmate

5:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home