Google
 
Web andalucianvillage.blogspot.com

Monday, October 23, 2006

"Buen Dormir" my arse

When we were in Sevilla in the weekend, we spent the night at a little hostel. After driving to Sevilla and spending most of the day in IKEA to look at stuff, we arrived in the centre at around 8, having completely forgotten that it was Puente.
Optimistic we walked around to find a hotel in Sevilla to spend the night, only to be met by the answer that everything was full. Panic slowly grew, but in the end we found a Hostal that had one room left. The Hostal was called "Buen Dormir" or good sleep in english.

And that has got to be the understatement of the year. I was the worst nights sleep I have had in a lot of years. We only had one very high and hard shared pillow, and I could feel the bed springs boring into my back the whole night.

Anyway, nothing was going to ruin our little holiday in Sevilla, so a few coffees the next morning managed to make us laugh about our lack of sleep and the weather was on our side after a few days with rain as well. Sitting outside at a nice cafe looking at the Cathedral and all the old restored buildings whilst catching a ray of sun with the one you love, makes you much more positive despite our experince at "Buen Dormir".

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

You're right, hehehehe, I'm from a samll town in Sevilla but I live in Vancouver now, and know about that hotel.

Your blog is very good, I liked, where are you from? do you like my land?

I would still reading tomorrow, it's too many late now and I'm going to the bed.

Greetings from Vancouver

Manuel

9:23 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home